Last time i did my first marshmallow fondant with miniature marshmallows
n i went to my fav bakery shop to make more fondant, they were sold out.
so i decided to buy normal marshmallow u can find them in normal supermarket.
As long as it is WHITE and HALAL.
2 packs of 200g white marshmallow (make sure it's HALAL and some prefer mini size)
2 table spoons of water
1kg of icing sugars (sifted)
few scoops of vegetable shortening
colourings (oil based/paste)
16 oz mini-marshmallows
2 lb powdered sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp corn syrup (optional)
1 tsp lemon extract (optional)
Yield: 3 lbs fondant
from cake boss
1) Melt the marshmallow. Pour them into heat resistent container and add 2 table spoons of water.
Stir every 30 seconds until they completely melt. (it will take around 2 minutes)
2) Dont forget to grease your spatula beforehand. Or u will suffer when it comes to cleaning it since marshmallow sticks so hardly on surface.
3) Pour the melted marshmallow onto bunch of sugar. Do not used all sugar. Half of it will be enough. The other half will be needed during ur kneading process later.
Oh ya, again, not forget to grease ur working surface with shortening. This will be so messy but yeah.. that's what it needs. =D
4) Knead the fondant and add the remaining sugars until u can feel the consistency of fondant more or less like play-doh.
5) Lastly, knead fondant nicely into ball shape and coat it with thin layer of shortening before wrapping it with plastic. U'll have to set it for a day before using. Dont store fondant in refrigerator/freezer. Keep it in any air-tight container in room temperature up to months. Try it and enjoy! =)
Thank you for reading.
p/s: there's other way to make fondant without marshmallow. I've tried 2-3 years ago. click here